What an incredible year! God is clearly moving in Bluff Park and beyond. We are so thankful for the Gospel COMMUNITY He is knitting together in this place and can hardly wait to see what He has in store for 2015!
- Signed lease with Chapel in the Pines, (a longstanding church in our target neighborhood of Bluff Park) to use their fellowship hall, nursery and classrooms for our weekly worship gatherings.
- Launched weekly public worship January 5th with “core group” of 45 in attendance (25 adults and 20 kids!) Meeting Sunday evenings at 5pm
- 17 adults (and almost more kids than we could count) take membership vows as founding membership class
- Multiplied existing “Core Group” into 2 “Community Groups“, one meeting in Bluff Park and the second meeting just in the neighboring community of Vestavia Hills
- Lead Pastor, (Jason Tucker) begins year long “Pastor’s Cohort” with 5 other church planters from across the Southeast, being led and shepherded by the elders of Summit Crossings Community Church, an Acts 29 church in Huntsville, AL
- “Periodic Table”, a backyard gathering where neighbors “periodically” gather together over the shared “elements” of food, drink neighbor and community with over 50 in attendance
- Easter Egg Hunt and church cookout with approximately 50 people
- 31 people (14 adults and 17 kids) complete membership class and take public vows of membership, bringing official membership to 68 (31 adults and 37 children)
- Launched 3rd Community Group in Bluff Park with new members
- Bluff Park community-wide worship service at Fresh Air Farm with over 100 in attendance from multiple area churches
- 4 people (2 adults and 2 teens) participate in short-term mission trip to Ecuador
- “Periodic Table” with 75 in attendance
- Gathered for “A Night of Praise and Worship” with over 100 in attendance
- Mike Gelderman hired as p/t Director of Gathered Worship
- Launched 4th Community Group in Bluff Park with 26 new regular attenders (15 adults and 11 kids) who arrived throughout the Fall
- Had our 1st Women’s 1/2 Day Retreat led by Trillia Newbell with women from Bluff Park Community Church and Urban Hope Community Church
- After 9 months of training and preparation, installed Chad Sentell and Sam Yother as our first elders to assist pastor Jason Tucker in the shepherding of our growing congregation
- 2nd Bluff Park community-wide worship service held at Fresh Air Farm in Bluff Park with over 100 in attendance
- Jason Tucker attends “SOMA School”, an opportunity to learn from and collaborate with SOMA Church (an Acts 29 church in Tacoma, WA) around the concept of forming “missional” communities“
- 13 adults (and 8 kids) completed membership class.
- Worship leader Mike Gelderman attends “Doxology and Theology” conference at Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY
- Jason Tucker invited to preach at Bluff Park Community-wide Thanksgiving Service, a longstanding neighborhood tradition with believers from multiple area churches joining together.
- Commit one-time financial gift to Culcheth Community Church in Culcheth England and Urban Hope Community Church in Fairfield AL
- Commit to raise $3,000 to fund a clean water well in rural India through Birmingham based non-profit Neverthirst
- 2nd annual “Carols by Candlelight with 120 in attendance
- Officially approved as full members in the Acts 29 Church Planting Network.
- Ended 2014 with $105,000 in internal giving and approximately $15,000 in outside financial support, bringing total 2014 general fund income to $120,000. (Praise God! This opens up new opportunities for greater ministry impact in Hoover and beyond.)
- Approved monthly financial support of 1 international church plant (Culcheth Community Church in Culcheth, England)
- Approved monthly financial support of 1 local church plant (Urban Hope Community Church in Fairfield, AL)
- Approved setting aside 3 months operating expenses in a “Reserve Fund” (An almost unheard of opportunity for a 1 year old church plant!)
- Regularly averaging approximately 100 (combined adults and children) in worship with new people arriving regularly. Many of these visitors are brand new arrivals to Hoover.
Will you join us in praying for God to continue this work in the coming year and beyond? Also, if you would like to give financially to support this move of the gospel in Hoover, simply click here.