1) Worship (gathering Sundays, 5:00pm beginning January 5th)
- After meeting in a small-group Bible Study format for the past several months, Bluff Park Community Church will begin meeting weekly for worship on Sunday, January 5th! Each worship service contains various elements such as the singing of hymns and spiritual songs, prayers, a public confession of our common faith, the observance of the Lord’s Supper and the public reading of Scripture accompanied by an explanation of that text by our pastor (a sermon).
- Dress is casual, the atmosphere relaxed. We come together to worship God, not to notice whether we are wearing denim or khakis.
- Childcare is available for age 6 and under. Our desire is that our children older than age 6 would attend worship with their parents, learning what it means to be part of a worshipping community by actively participating in a worshipping community.
2) Community Group – (gathering various times and locations throughout the area)
Community Groups are small groups of 6-8 families who gather for the purpose of prayer, relationship, teaching and shared mission. New Community Groups are currently being formed and will begin meeting towards the end of January 2014. Contact email@example.com for sign-up info.
- Prayer – Community Groups pray together regularly for our world, our church, our community and our neighbors who do not yet know Christ.
- Relationship – Approximately once a month during Community Group time, we engage in a more “social” activity for the purpose of deepening relational connections between those in the group. (i.e. share a meal, grab a movie, catch a concert or ball game, play in a local park, etc.)
- Teaching – Approximately twice a month during Community Group time we are taught from the Word of God. During specific seasons this may look different, from a moderated discussion on that weeks sermon, studying a book of the Bible together, reading through a specific topic together, etc.
- Shared Mission – Approximately once a month during Community Group time, groups will engage in shared mission together in the areas of evangelism, neighbor care or meeting mercy needs within our broader community.