At this early stage in our church’s life, we have chosen to concentrate on a couple of simple things in our life together.
1) Community Group – (gathering various times and locations throughout the area)
Community Groups are small groups of 6-8 families who gather for the purpose of prayer, relationship, teaching and shared mission. New Community Groups are currently being formed and will begin meeting towards the end of January 2014. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sign-up info.
- Prayer – Community Groups pray together regularly for our world, our church, our community and our neighbors who do not yet know Christ.
- Relationship – Approximately once a month during Community Group time, we engage in a more “social” activity for the purpose of deepening relational connections between those in the group. (i.e. share a meal, grab a movie, catch a concert or ball game, play in a local park, etc.)
- Teaching – Approximately twice a month during Community Group time we are taught from the Word of God. During specific seasons this may look different, from a moderated discussion on that weeks sermon, studying a book of the Bible together, reading through a specific topic together, etc.
- Shared Mission – Approximately once a month during Community Group time, groups will engage in shared mission together in the areas of evangelism, neighbor care or meeting mercy needs within our broader community.
2) Worship (gathering Sundays, 5:00pm)
- Bluff Park Community Church meets weekly for worship at 5pm on Sundays. Each worship service contains various elements such as the singing of hymns and spiritual songs, prayers, a public confession of our common faith, the observance of the Lord’s Supper and the public reading of Scripture accompanied by an explanation of that text by our pastor (a sermon).
- Dress is casual, the atmosphere relaxed. We come together to worship God, not to notice whether we are wearing denim or khakis.
- Childcare is available for age 6 and under. For older children, our desire is that they would attend worship with their parents, learning what it means to be part of a worshipping community by actively participating in a worshipping community. During the sermon, these older kids are dismissed to a teaching time that addresses their needs at a more age appropriate level. They then return to the worship service in time for our weekly observance of The Lord’s Supper.